Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc just beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

williB

Its been a long time since i had to fiddle with a motherboard..
i've checked the 12v & 5V on the drive plugs..both are good..
if the 3Vis bad would the pc just beep?
MB is a asus P3BF.

The PC cod be contsantly restarting it self.

The 3V line suplys the CPU.Also there is an onboard regulator to regulate that even lower for the newer.Cod be an brown out reset tirgerng to prevent the PC going nuts wen the voltage gets too low.

yay got it going ..
one more question
i have an older ( much) 20MB hard drive , that uses an wd 1003 hd controller card..lol remember those??
i have type three written on the hd ..
but my question is how do i get the newer motherboard to recognize the older HD , when it is expecting the HD to be on the IDE bus, but the HD is really using the ISA slot??
ps the HD has my PIC software on it and the programs to run the A/D converter.. :cry: !!

ok i've disabled the onboard IDE controller
,system says "Disk boot failure "
i'm running dos BTW
i think i just have to fiddle with the bios setup..??

williB said:
i'm running dos BTW

You need to change the boot sequence. I doubt whether you have ISA as an option in boot sequence. You can do one thing, boot your computer through IDE HDD and then browse and copy all your programs from old to new HD.

kinjalgp said:
williB said:
i'm running dos BTW

You need to change the boot sequence. I doubt whether you have ISA as an option in boot sequence. You can do one thing, boot your computer through IDE HDD and then browse and copy all your programs from old to new HD.
i think i tried that , but not sure. will try tomorrow.. :D
thanks

errr. are you sure it's 20mb and not 20gb?
if it's 20mb it will be older than most members of this forum...
my first hdd was 40mb (i used to work on other pcs with only 10mb or no hdd at all)

panic mode said:
errr. are you sure it's 20mb and not 20gb?
if it's 20mb it will be older than most members of this forum...
my first hdd was 40mb (i used to work on other pcs with only 10mb or no hdd at all)
lol yeah mega with a M, and it is pretty old, it is out of a an old Ti box, anyways i just finished debugging the program to get the mcp3004 running, that took like foreeeeeever..!!!
but its working sweet now.. it goes from 0000000000 to 1111111111 with the turn of a knob..Yeah its ten bits.. with an spi (serial interface)..
it comes with 4 single ended or two pseudo differential analog inputs..
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/11/21295b.pdf
its a pretty cool chip..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back