Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc controlled ac devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

tul

please help me how to build a circuit that will indicate whether an ac device is on or off????the output of the cicuit is 5v dc so that i can use it as an input for my program...ive got an idea to use a transformer in series with the ac device and use it to activate a circuit that will send a 5v dc signal whenever an ac device is turned on..but it might affect the voltage and current coming into the ac device itself and also its impractical if i have plenty of device to check whether its on or off.........:eek: :confused:
thanks...................

Last edited:
Hi
perhaps in the so called AC device, you can an opto isolator to help convert its ON / OFF condtion.

accordinly you can perhaps use the transister portion by wiring up to your PC monitoring , this transistor can be powered by the PC . if it is ON the device is ON and vice versa.

Last edited:
Use an opto-coupler with the LED powerd from a mains LED circuit and the photo transistor side connected to a pullup resistor on the 5V side.

thanks a lot.....can i ask sumthing again...are u familiar with celphone to computer comunication using vb??hehehe tnx..........

thanks a lot...it really helpd me..can i askyou sumthing again???are you familiar with celphone to computer communication using vb???heheh thnks....

No. ..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back