Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC based Stepper Motor Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
connect youre stepper to the PCs lpt (printer) port and then get the pins high in a sequance and how fast you change it that fast youre motor will go

I think you will have to program a .DLL file to operate your parallel printer port
Yo would be interested in this site to help you out www.boondog.com

electronist said:
I think you will have to program a .DLL file to operate your parallel printer port

if he's running Windows he will, windows likes to protect the printer port becuase of stability issues involved with it... you have to write some libraries to get around this.

plot said:
electronist said:

if he's running Windows he will, windows likes to protect the printer port becuase of stability issues involved with it... you have to write some libraries to get around this.

Only if you're running NT based Windows (NT, 2000, XP), the Win95 based ones (95, 98, ME) don't require drivers to access the ports - you can simply 'bit bang' the ports regardless.

Try my Animated stepper controller.

And turn off the lights in the room.

Attachments

• stepper1rpm.gif
    stepper1rpm.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 686
Nigel Goodwin said:
plot said:
electronist said:

Only if you're running NT based Windows (NT, 2000, XP), the Win95 based ones (95, 98, ME) don't require drivers to access the ports - you can simply 'bit bang' the ports regardless.

Yes, good point, i often forget people still use win9x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back