Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC-based electronic combination lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandestlama

Hello,

I would like to create a PC-based electronic combination lock. Users will enter an access code through a 4x4 numeric keypad connected to the PC via the parallel port. A program will recieve this and check if the code is valid and entered in correct sequence.If yes, it would send a signal that would trigger a relay, causing a door to open.

I need to create a keypad from a 4x4 matrix of push buttons, then correctly wire it up (with any required additional component, IC etc) to the parallel port. I already know how to read from the port Once the keystroke is available on the port. I would like to have the simplest implementation possile for the external hardware.

Can anyone please offer me some suggestions, refer me to sites with similar pojects etc.
Thanks a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back