Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pattress PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

helgrind

Hi,

I'm looking for a power supply design to get 5v (or 3.3v) in a pattress box (like you find a light switch in). All the PSUs I've worked with before have been transformer based or full SMPS supplies.

The circuit doesn't need to power much, just a micro and a comms unit that draws ~100mA average. (Of course I could use a powerline networking approach instead...)

Isolation isn't a worry, any user interface would be protected with an opto, or light based anyway.

If it could fit in a lightbulb too that would be awesome, but not a must.

A direction to look in would be great, not requesting schematics or anything like that!

Many thanks,
Laurence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back