Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Passive Infrared Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just4Kason

is the output of PIR constant or vary with distance of the human detected? for example D200B, the view angle is 138 degree. it is the sensor angel or after the refraction from fresnel lens?

Got a link to the actual data sheet? It is likely the sensor field of view. Most sensors like this provide a digital out as to on or off if something is in the field of view and range.

Ron

The PIR sensor I have laying here does specify single bit output but I saw no mention like that in the data sheet? Most PIR sensors I have seen give a on/off single bit out. However, looking at the data sheet you have, this unit may give an analog out? I am just not sure. If you really want to measure distance there are better choices out there, like ultrasonic transmitter receiver groups.

Ron

the model i found is D200B and D203B, both of them also give analog output instead of digital. i want to measure only short distance but with wide angle of view. the area is almost like A4 size. i tried ir sensor but what i get is almost straight line. do you have any recommend?

Looking at this data sheet they come off the detector and then use considerable amplification. Do you have the circuit you are using? The data sheet shows an application circuit. U1C and U1D form a window comparator driven by U1B pin 7. If you want to see a changing analog signal then you would omit U1 C & D and grab your signal at U1B pin 7.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back