Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldFever

Can someone tell me where I can buy parts? I went to radio shack and I couldnt get what I need. I need this stuff on this list. I am new to electronics and I want to try and make a simple lie detector. The 0-1 mA Analog Meter is very expensive. The cheapest I could find wans 125 US dollars. And it was huge the size of a brick. I dont think that is the one they are talking about. On the website. Here is what I need.

1 33K 1/4W Resistor
1 5K Pot
1 1.5K 1/4W Resistor
1 1uF 16V Electrolytic Capacitor
1 2N3565 NPN Transistor
1 0-1 mA Analog Meter

Here is the website to what I am trying to make.

https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/lie.htm

Thanks in advance.

Jameco has several meters that can be made to work for $10 or less. You could take a meter rated for 50 microamps and add a shunt so that it has a range of 1 milliamp (ma). You might need to do a little work to calculate the value of the shunt but it's not all that hard. A shunt is really just a resistor that is selected so that some of the current flows thru the shunt and some thru the meter. As I recall, the internal resistance of the meter affects the value of the shunt. I'd expect the internal resistance to be listed on the meter. If not you can measure it with a relatively simple setup. Digikey, Ocean State Electronics, Mouser, Newark, Debco, MCM Electronics and others might be good sources. Depending on where you live you might find an electronics store that is helpful to retail customers. We are fortunate to have several here in Rochester so I can just stop on the way home from work.

As already mentioned, you can order some of the parts from RS even if they don't have them in the stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back