Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Part request: LCD to PCB connector - 16pin 1row

Status
Not open for further replies.

astronomerroyal

I'm making a kit for some fellow enthusiasts - as you can see below it involves an LCD screen mounted on the PCB. The LCD is not hot-pluggable so maintaining a secure connection is critical.

The PCB is smaller than the LCD footprint so I can only screw them together at one corner. Instead I was hoping to find a secure vertical locking 16pin 1row connector. The standard male-female pin header I'm currently using isn't secure enough.

Although I can find plausible males parts, e.g.

MOLEX friction header

I'm having difficulty with the female bit (most seem designed for cables not PCB mount). I have no experience with connectors, but am assuming the solution is readily apparent to some of you. Specific Mouser part (or catalogue page number) would be most appreciated.

As always, a million thanks in advance,
Tom.

Attachments

• pin_header..jpg
    pin_header..jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back