Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Part number of flip-flop IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi,
Can I know what's the part number of these flip-flop ICs?
R-S
J-K
D

Thanks

I couldn't find them from the Google..

You don't say if you want power hungry TTL logic or low power Cmos.

I have The Cmos Cookbook so I just look them up. I used to have The TTL Cookbook but don't use old TTL anymore.

The are lists of logic ICs on the web somewhere.

Grab this Logic selection guide from Texas Instruments:
**broken link removed**

Skim through the first 50 pages to make sure you know which logic family you need, and skip to page 113 for the actual flipflop tables.

I don't know what type.. Just for experiments, I think should be the cheapest type. It is because when I buy it, I need to have the IC code, the seller won't get me the IC if I just tell him "I want a SR flip flop".

p/s: thanks hjames for the pdf :)

Thanks! Can anyone tell me what is open collector? Does it mean that I need to connect a supply through a resistor to the collector, then the output is between the resistor and the collector?
i noticed that the 7401 and 7403 are the same, 4 input nand gate, open collector, is there any different between them?

Does anybody remember old TTL ICs? I used them in the 70's. 30 years ago!

74LS279 R-S FlipFlop
74LS107 J-K Flip Flop
74LS109 J-Kbar FlipFlop
74LS74 D Flip-Flop

audioguru said:
Does anybody remember old TTL ICs? I used them in the 70's. 30 years ago!
I used SUHL in the '60s. I also used some RTL and DTL logic families before that. Of course, you guys already know that I'm older than dirt.

In the 60's I bought some RTL ICs and serviced an office accounting computer that was full of DTL. It had core memory with hundreds of little ferrite doughnuts. Its operating system was punched cards. It was a huge automated typewriter!

Hello

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question about the 74LS279 R-S FlipFlop.

Here's a data sheet of the thing: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/11/sn74ls279a.pdf

Notice how the logic diagram for RS latches 1 and 3 have two ~S inputs (~S1 and ~S2).

I don't need two inputs on the latch so what can I do to ~S1 and ~S2 to make them work as just one input. (I tried simply tying them together, didn't work!)

Actually if anyone knows of a different SR Latch IC that would be great (possibly one without inverted inputs) :)

Last edited:
Hi Mrlooneytoon,

Tying them together should work but if it doesn't you
could connect the unused set inputs to +5 volt.

on1aag.

Hi Mrlooneytoon,

Tying them together should work but if it doesn't you
could connect the unused set inputs to +5 volt.

on1aag.

Hi

I connected one of the unused inputs to 5V through a 10K pullup. Seems to do the trick.

Thanks for your help on1aag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back