Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parking sensors in a car

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalystalker

There is plenty of information on the net explaining how parking sensors (PDCs) work on a car.
What i want to know is how to disable one or two of them? Can't just remove them as the system will give an error. Can something be fitted to fool the system and bypass it?
Each sensor has 3 wires. can't attach a photo for some reason.

Thanks guys.

Perhaps try fitting a sound-absorbing pad over the sensor?

The ones I've seen sit on a can bus, as you say pulling the plug creates a red light, theres 2 options one is stick something over it to try and deaden the ultrasound emmision, or make an emulator, the latter you dont want to do unless you work for an automotive electronics firm.

Heres some info.

http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/02/22/reverse-engineering-car-parking-sensors/

The link on my pc doesnt work, but that might be me.

The sensors reside on a can bus, to do this electronically you'd need to put together a emulator, a device that replies to the control box and gives a constant out of range distance reply.
Another idea maybe get a couple of spare sensors that are working, secure them somewhere on the vehicle where there is nothing in front of them, then connect them to where the original ones connect, so the reverse system never alarms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back