Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel Port Interfacing 2measure Frequenc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kocthu

Hi all
I wish to detect frequency from parallel port of pc. I'v been finished my hardware. I've a little problem to write VisualBasic program to detect frequency. In briefly my circuit contain two output pins. first one sec On/Off and second o/p pin transmitt frequencies. Someone help me! :(

tell me if i understod right? :roll:

one pin is the clock an the other is transmiting serialy digital data (remind me of an PC mouse interface :) )

I we done some parallel prot intrafacing in ViscualBasic (thurned on small motor on and off whith a mouse click)

in whitch part of the program are you stuck?
the part the gets data from the port or the part that decodes the serial data

If you are trying to send the freq directly in the second pin.its not a good idea since the paralell prot is slow (you proboly codet mesure more then 300Hz)

i wod use the microphone jack on the sound card to mesure freq.(you cod mesure up to 11000Hz or even 44000Hz)and there is free software to masure it or even make a freqency analise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back