Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel port interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunde1

i interfaced my pc parallel port with some appliances, and controll the appliaces with a visual c++ programm. i'm trying to controll from the interner using ASP server and windows IIS, the challenge now is calling my visual c++ program from my web page. anybody has an idea on how i could go about this? i will greatlly appreciate each contribution. thanks

Look up CGI.. Common Gateway Interface, I think it is called. Google for "Windows c++ CGI code"

There are many techniques to "call" a program from web page when you use ASP language. You can write your program as a COM server and write ASP code to invoke it. Or your program and web page can communicate with each other by socket, mailslot... Search www.codeproject.com for some articles about "inter-communication".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back