Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel in - serial out shift register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi All,

the attached schematic is part of the control system of my evaporative cooling system.

To find out the optimum parameter settings of the final design I designed a prototype control circuit offering the options of operating two parallel 3-speed fans at any setting (e.g. fan1 off, fan2 speed setting 1). The system also contains six water spray bars with a total of 18 spray nozzles to be activated in any configuration.

The system will also be equipped with an SD-card device used as data logger.

The 24-key-pad should be connected to parallel in - serial out shift registers M74HC165.

Should pin10 of IC1 be connected anywhere for proper function?

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• SERIAL-SHIFT.gif
    SERIAL-SHIFT.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 538
Hi All,

the attached schematic is part of the control system of my evaporative cooling system.

To find out the optimum parameter settings of the final design I designed a prototype control circuit offering the options of operating two parallel 3-speed fans at any setting (e.g. fan1 off, fan2 speed setting 1). The system also contains six water spray bars with a total of 18 spray nozzles to be activated in any configuration.

The system will also be equipped with an SD-card device used as data logger.

The 24-key-pad should be connected to parallel in - serial out shift registers M74HC165.

Should pin10 of IC1 be connected anywhere for proper function?

Regards

Boncuk

Hi Hans
I would connect it Low so that '0' s are clocked in.

Thanks Eric,

I'll use a jumper and remove it in case it's not necessary. :)

Regards

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back