Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel Flash with PIC16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Koh

Does anyone know of a reliable way to interface to a 4Mbit or more Flash memory chip up to using only 8 I/O lines?

From my literature review, it appears to be feasible..but I just want to bounce around the idea around 1st.

Atmels dataflash uses SPI which can be as low as 3 lines - its not a parallel bus though. Most parralel flash has an 8 bit bus you need at least 11 lines (8 data/address lines and 3 control lines). You could work out a multiplexing scheme but it probably wouldn't be that much faster than just using SPI.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back