Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panning platform progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
I've gotten quite a bit done lately on this airsoft project, and hope to have it ready to install after the holidays. Yeah, need to get busy on the christmas shopping and stuff. The swivel base is done, servo mounted, Tiny13 programmed, airsoft gun stripped down and re-assembled. Still haven't figured out how I'm going to mount it. I want to be able to adjust the elevation, or even later just add another servo for tilt. I've got the circuit on a breadboard, with push buttons and an LED, instead of the motion sensor and gun, works well. Need to shorten the arc, maybe see if I can smooth it out a little.
I'm planning on using a 5 volt relay to fire the gun. I pulls almost 2 amps at some points, figure a relay would be simpler then burning up semiconductors until I find something that can handle the abuse.
Will post some pictures tomorrow of what I've got so far.

Only tweaked the software a little since I started this thread, and just got around to taking a few pictures. Kind of got knocked off track with another project. I got talked into taking in a 7 month old puppy. He's full bred black Labrador Retriever. Think he was little too much for the previous owner to handle, very energetic. Really well behaved for his age, but still have to get through the basic puppy stuff. Seems very smart, haven't had to tell him 'no' more then once or twice, and he leaves whatever he was messing around with alone, unfortunately there is a lot of things for him to get into. He's a face biter, got to guard your nose when playing. He should get it figured out eventually, not an easy target.

Guess my cat problems are solved, Jake is all over anything that moves. Not sure if I'll set up the airsoft gun as planned, but the platform project is still useful. I'm thinking to do some simple motion tracking for my camera in the backyard so I can keep better tabs on the puppy.

Attachments

• PIC00008.JPG
    PIC00008.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 154
  • PIC00009.JPG
    PIC00009.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 178
  • PIC00011.JPG
    PIC00011.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 172
  • PIC00005a.jpg
    PIC00005a.jpg