Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panasonic 50' TH-50PX80U No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanBroke

A few days ago my 1 1/2 year old Panasonic just turned off with no lights or anything. The house does have power surges like lights dimming etc. Both fuses on the power supply are blown but everything else looks new. Panasonic says I'm on my own and call a service company. I have a power surge protector but wasn't using it. Should I replace the two 8 Amp fuses (T8AH 250V) connect the protector and see if it blows again or what could be causing this problem. Thanks so much for anybodies help.........

I would suggest your best idea is to pop a couple of new fuses in and see if they blow again - it would be silly to spend a lot of money getting someone out to it who then just replaced the fuses.

I must say though, I'm staggered at 8A fuses been used, the biggest we stock at work is only 3.1A

They are ceramic T8AH 250V and I believe a slow blo. Panasonic 50' TH-50PX80U. Any more thoughts?

The T at the front means they are anti-surge - like I said, try new ones first and see what happens.

The white coloured ceramic fuses commonly blow for no apparent reason, the clear glass ones are FAR more reliable.

I have the same TV and the same two fuse's are blown. Did replacing them do the trick or did they just blow again ? I'm about the change out the fuses as soon as I can find a place that has them.

Thanks

I must say though, I'm staggered at 8A fuses been used, the biggest we stock at work is only 3.1A

My 42" Samsung Plasma is about 3years old, it runs HOT, and is power hungry! It has an 10amp mains fuse!

-Ben

I Say this to anyone with flat screen "TVs" with power supply problems. Before you replace the FUSE and power it up again, LOOK OVER the capacitors in the power supply unit! Look for bulges on the top mainly. Look for any CapXon caps and replace them. If they ain't blown, they're gonna blow. They last about 14 months - just in time for Warranty expiration. Fixed 2 LCD tvs with cap replacements. Possibly save a fuse that way. Hey, $ is $.

Last edited:
I Say this to anyone with flat screen "TVs" with power supply problems. Before you replace the FUSE and power it up again, LOOK OVER the capacitors in the power supply unit! Look for bulges on the top mainly. Look for any CapXon caps and replace them. If they ain't blown, they're gonna blow. They last about 14 months - just in time for Warranty expiration. Fixed 2 LCD tvs with cap replacements. Possibly save a fuse that way. Hey, $ is $.

But Panasonic don't use them - Samsung do though, and (as you say) usually fail at about 14 months.

i have same model but 42" panasonic plasma 42px80 and consumption is over 500W!! new models that replace it has gone down to 280w and have more brighter screen

i have same model but 42" panasonic plasma 42px80 and consumption is over 500W!! new models that replace it has gone down to 280w and have more brighter screen

Yeah my old inefficient samsung 42"plasma runs HHOOTT! There are huge circuit boards with HUGE heatsinks on them with big chips on them. There are so many heat dissipating parts inside! (and Capxon caps of course :p)

-Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back