Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PALM PDA with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakaka

Hi there, I would like to know How does the PDA communicate with PIC?
If in wired serial, is it the same as in PC? meaning using MAX232 will do?

If in IR, I've found one chip, MCP2140 which will be useful here. But how to interface it with PIC? Wat program should i use for the PDA?

In both wired or IR case, wats the software to use? Hyperterminal(dunno whether its available in the PDA OS or not as it is available in WINXP).

Can u guys give me some idea or some example with circuit diagrams??

thanx.......

What do you want to do with the connection? Either way I'd suggest IR. Its not as convienient but it does offer automatic isolation from your PDA. Better safe than sorry.

Forgot to mention, i just want the PDA to control the PIC to do some simple task like on and off some LEDs.....thanx

I'd custom write the palm application to control the pic via infra red. There are plenty of free plam development tools, just have a look around for one with IRDA support.
You might even find a BASIC that will do it. here's a couple to start your search.

try palms suite -free
**broken link removed**

or a simpler (smaller) C compiler -free
http://onboardc.sourceforge.net/
(dont know if it offers irda control - check the docs)

oh, u did that b4?If possible can post the schematic for it? Meaning the inteface between the palm and PIC using IR.
And the guide for the application as well plz. I NEVER write any application b4. The site u provided is gcc, think its kind of linux, a long way for me........
thanx

Last edited:
No I've not interfaced with a PIC but I've written Palm apps to use IRDA. Sadly that was long ago , and I don't even remember now which compiler I used. It was probably OnboardC.

If you've never programmed before, i'd suggest looking for a basic interpriter for palm. There are a few, some free, some not.

Here's a link I found that may help you.
A robot that uses a PIC to talk to a Palm with IRDA
**broken link removed**

i found that too earlier, already look at his report, but that is only his design concept, din mention anything on the programming. ANyway, thanx for ur help.
If anyone has any examples regarding this plz post,
THANX...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back