Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pakistani engineer has built a car that runs on water

Status
Not open for further replies.

azizvbn

i am very happy to share this news to the world regarding the achievement of one engineer from my area,,, pakistann,,,,

Pakistani engineer has built a car that runs on water, a feat that left onlookers astounded. Engineer Waqar Ahmad which belongs to District Khairpur,SINDH drove his car using water as fuel Thursday during a demonstration for parliamentarians, scientists and students, Dawn reported... from this Pakistan capital. He said cars could be driven by a system fuelled by water instead of petrol or CNG. The onlookers were taken aback when they saw it and a cabinet sub-committee lauded the ‘Water Fuel Kit Project’. Religious Affairs Minister Syed Khurshid Ahmad Shah, who heads the panel, said the engineer would have their full support. The media report explained that the water fuelling system is a technology in which ‘hydrogen bonding’ with distilled water produces hydrogen gas to run the car. Ahmad had earlier told Shah about the unique project and it was taken to the federal cabinet which asked its sub-committee to discuss it. During the demonstration, Shah himself drove the car. The minister said that Ahmad would be given complete security and the formula would be kept secure. Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and Finance Minister Hafeez Shaikh value the project, he said. ”We own this project and are committed to successfully completing it,” he was quoted as saying.

If you believe that actually works, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. :rolleyes:
It's just another type of perpetual motion scam.

Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and Finance Minister Hafeez Shaikh value the project, he said. ”We own this project and are committed to successfully completing it,” he was quoted as saying.
Well I hope they let us know how it works out for them.
In 5 years time, Pakistan will own the world if this is true.

In the meantime, I will just stick with good old petrol.

JimB

The media report explained that the water fuelling system is a technology in which ‘hydrogen bonding’ with distilled water produces hydrogen gas to run the car.

There are a HUGE amount of chemical and electrochemical processes that will easily "strip" the hydrogen out of distilled water.

However they all use up a catalyst or resource of some kind during the process, so even though water provides the hydrogen, an expensive catalyst or resource is consumed per unit of hydrogen generated.

The laws of physics say that there must be energy input into the process in some form to provide the energy needed to break the H and O bond. That energy used to break the water into H and O is exactly the same amount of energy released when the H is burned and releases it as heat energy.

There's no free Hydrogen lunch! Just lots of scams.

Hi MrRB,

That's what i remember reading about too long time ago. It takes energy to separate the H and the O.
But then again we have the bomb. Less energy used to release more energy. So if this works they have to have found a way to release the H and O with little energy...energy that would have to come from the process itself once it got started.

So i wont say "definitely not", but i'd be more apt to believe that it is not true at this point in history than to believe that it works.

Good news!

Have to congratulate the OP: in his first appearance he was able to convoke some of the most qualified contributors with a troll-like post!

Good news!

Have to congratulate the OP: in his first appearance he was able to convoke some of the most qualified contributors with a troll-like post!

But all the replies have been pretty much negative :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back