Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P16PRO40 and winpicpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

i spent hours yesterday trying to figure out why the the winpicpro wouldn't find the port. i was pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. it was working fine a few days ago. i finnaly got it to work but i have to take the pic out of the programer,find the port then install the pic and program it. it works fine like this. is it suppossed to be like that? and what does $+2 mean? i can't find it anywhere in the documentation​

Gaston said:
i spent hours yesterday trying to figure out why the the winpicpro wouldn't find the port. i was pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. it was working fine a few days ago. i finnaly got it to work but i have to take the pic out of the programer,find the port then install the pic and program it. it works fine like this. is it suppossed to be like that? and what does $+2 mean? i can't find it anywhere in the documentation​

$ is the current address, so $+2 means jump forward 2 lines - it's explained in the MPASM helpfile.

With your PIC, it sounds like it may be running? - with the internal oscillator selected, and it's setting the data in pin as an output, which will stop the auto-detect working. As you've already got it detected and working, turn the auto-detect off (menu option).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back