Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P16pro inconsistent detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhong2002

hi all,

i've read all the topics about P16Pro40 and i encourage to build it, but the problem is the detection, at first, when i restart my PC it detected automatically, after maybe 3 times i turning on and off the software, there a problem with auto detect, sometime it detect, sometimes not.

any recommendation for trouble shooting ?? :)

thanks
bhong

BTW:

OS = Windows XP home edition
PROGRAM = WinPICprog 1.95e (By Sir Nigel), DL4YHF PIC programmer and PICALLw
HARDWARE = P16pro40 (74LS05)

i didn't yet tested it with inserted PIC16F628 Device

Last edited:
bhong2002 said:
hi all,

i've read all the topics about P16Pro40 and i encourage to build it, but the problem is the detection, at first, when i restart my PC it detected automatically, after maybe 3 times i turning on and off the software, there a problem with auto detect, sometime it detect, sometimes not.

any recommendation for trouble shooting ?? :)

thanks
bhong

BTW:

OS = Windows XP home edition
PROGRAM = WinPICprog 1.95e (By Sir Nigel), DL4YHF PIC programmer and PICALLw
HARDWARE = P16pro40 (74LS05)

i didn't yet tested it with inserted PIC16F628 Device

WinPicProg was the first program to do automatic hardware detection - but once it's found the hardware you can turn it off, this prevents it disabling the hardware if it's a little slow to respond.

thanks you Sir Nigel :)

i disabled the auto detection, my problem now was when i load a hex file (e.g. tut2_1.hex, from your web page & converted by mplab v7.30) i have an error of program verify error 0x000. is there any problem with my P16pro40?

thanks
bhong

Usually the error is caused by the PIC not being switched to programming mode, by far the most common reason is a poor PSU, either too low a voltage, or too much ripple on it. A good test is to use two 9V batteries to power it.

thaks again Sir Nigel

i have 2 9v batteries(new),, and it still an error with "program verify at error program address 0x000".

i read in the forum that has the same error, but i don't understand why my programmer is detected now everytime i turning it on i'm glad with that, but theres a problem in programming :(

bhong

bhong2002 said:
thaks again Sir Nigel

i have 2 9v batteries(new),, and it still an error with "program verify at error program address 0x000".

i read in the forum that has the same error, but i don't understand why my programmer is detected now everytime i turning it on i'm glad with that, but theres a problem in programming :(

Use the manual toggle buttons on the hardware screen, turn Vdd and Vpp ON, and measure the voltages on the pins of the PIC - MCLR should have about 13V on it. You can also manually toggle the data and clock pins, and confirm they change on the actual PIC pins.

thanks,

i turned the vpp & vdd=on, the voltage on pin 1 of the ZIF socket were 13.36V, but on the pin 15(ZIF) are low, "that supposed to be on high state?" am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back