Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P16F877, LM18298 and PWM to run 12V DC motor...Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeeyk82

I need to fulfill the requirements of using P16F877, LM18298 h-bridge and PWM to make 2 DC motor go forward, backward and reverse. But i got minimum knowledge on this so need some help....

Can anyone guide me on this?

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet/L/LM18298.shtml

You can role down this datasheet, and see the application information. You can make the circuit.

To turn the motor, you make pin3 and pin4 High/Low or Low/High.

But if you do so, you cannot control the velocity of the motor.

PWM help you this.

As you intend to make pin3 HIGH, and pin4 LOW, you give a pulse to pin3 with period upto 5KHz and the duty cycle can be open from 0 to 100% on pin3. This make your motor turn as pin3 HIGH, pin4LOW, but at lower speed. However, as you open duty cycle from 0% to 100%, you can control the velocity of the motor from stop to run at max speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back