Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P1 plug stereo to rca(stereo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asiatico

Hi, I need some help to weld a p1 plug stereo to rca stereo. I need a diagram(+ and left/right signals). I know the rca plug connector(+ and - diagram), but I do´nt know the p1 diagram to weld. I need complete diagram schematic.Thanks...

Last edited:
I've no idea what a P1 plug might be?. Presumably it's something specific to your country?, but as you don't have your location filled in we don't know where that might be?.

No, what you need is to read the replies people write to you.

There is not P1 plug, it's a reference designator. What you need is an audio plug like the one here:
**broken link removed**

Or it could be slightly different, you tell me.
The pin-out for this one is:
A- Left Audio
B- Right Audio
C- Audio Ground
D- Not needed for your purposes.

Does the plug look like a 1/8th inch stereo phone plug?
The cable with it to two RCA plugs is sold at The Dollar Store.

Attachments

• plug.JPG
    plug.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 298
Must not be enough replies here for him to go by since this topic is posted in another forum!!:confused:

15 pin VGA to RCA

I need a diagram schematics to make a 15pin vga to rca output(Computer to video/tv). Thanks...

A TV won't work from a VGA signal. You need a video card that converts VGA to the type of TV format used in your country.

If you're capable of locating this forum, it's even less effort to enter HD-15 to RCA Adaptor into your web browser! Doesn't anyone do things for themselves anymore?:( Here then, you sit back in your comfy chair with a cup of coffee, while I do the research for you! BTW, you better have good soldering and cable prep skills to reliably construct an adaptor that involves an HD-15 connector. A professionally made adaptor sells for $20 (US) and one is pictured below.

I gather what you desire is labeled as HD15-3RCA:
**broken link removed** this cable will not work to connect the VGA output of a computer to a
TV's yellow, red and white RCA connectors or to the red, green and blue RCA connectors.

If you are trying to feed VGA to a standard television set you'll need a converter module like the one shown here: http://svideo.com/vga2video2.html

If you desire to make your own adaptor, then here are the HD-15 pinouts and you can simply solder shielded wire between the appropriate pins to RCA plugs. Here is the link that explains how in detailed steps: http://www.myhometheater.homestead.com/vgacable.html

VGA Video connector pinouts:
Pin # - Signal Name - CAT 5 Conductor

1 - Red - Orange
2 - Green - Green
3 - Blue - Blue
4 - No Connection
5 - Ground - No Connection
6 - Ground - Orange/White

7 - Ground - Green/White
8 - Ground - Blue/White
9 - No Connection
10 - Ground - No Connection
11 - No Connect

12 - DDC DAT - No Connection
13 - Horizontal Synchronization - Brown
14 - Vertical Synchronization - Brown White

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]15 - DDC Clock - No Connection[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

Last edited:
HiTech, you mention 'good soldering and cable prep skills', however this guy wants to 'weld' it, as he mentions in his first post. :)

Strange, first he ask for p1 to rca, now he changed and ask for vga to tv. . . does he really know what he's looking for?

He sees with his ears and hears with his eyes. Stand away if he burps.:D

Yeah, I do see where he mentions about welding it.:confused: I gather that next he'll ask for a circuit that allows him to perform low-current welding of hook-up wire! I can help him there as well by having him make use of a rewound MOT. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back