Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ozipic'er software

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1r05

hellooo everybody

ive built this programmer https://www.plmsdevelopments.com/ozipicer/plms_ozipicer.shtml just scroll down to the end and there is an alternative design with a zif socket a really nice clean board done in eagle

so ive done building it and testing it and simulating part of the circuit that dont work in proteus till i find whats wrong and correct it, in the end i fixed all the errors and now all led's light up when they should, the problem is the software provided on the programmer website is winpicprog which i think nigel programmed it but not sure.

anyhow the software sucks and dosent support allot of pic micros and I CANT GET IT TO WORK !!! :mad: what i want is to use winpic i created a custom simple programmer interface here it is :

Code:
DataIn=!ack
OkButton=nc
VppOnOff=!D3
VddOnOff=D2
Connect=nc
ClockOut=!D1
DataOut=!D0
DataOutWhileReading=1
PullMclrDown=nc
ClkEnable=nc
OutEnable=nc
RedLed=nc
GreenLed=nc

but it dosent work i am begining to suspect something is wrong with the programmer hmmm :confused: !!.

anyhelp is appreciated i dont want to throw it away or scavenge parts from it it looks nice with that zif socket

and what the heck is vpp40 ?

Vpp40 is used to program 28 and 40 pin PIC's in a P16PRO40 or similar, it's used because of the pin conflicts when programming all sizes of devices in the same Aries ZIF socket.

hello Nigel, thanks for that fast reply

can you guess what is worng with the programmer ? do you need any voltage reading on anyplace on the programmer ?

v1r05 said:
hello Nigel, thanks for that fast reply

can you guess what is worng with the programmer ? do you need any voltage reading on anyplace on the programmer ?

With WinPicProg you can manually toggle all the output lines, and check the voltages on the PIC using a simple meter. This makes it fairly easy to fault find, and toggling Vdd and Vpp/Vpp40 should turn the corresponding LED's on and off.

done that all is good,but it dosent programe the chip and am 100% sure the chip is fine

very strange .

~ 17v dc, got something wrong with the circuit.
vdd line isnt controllable and somehow is connected to CLOCK(when its high vdd led lights up) there must be a short on the pcb

and once CLOCK is low vdd shuts of and there is +5v on transistor collector and about 5 in its base but it will not activate (no voltage on emitter) guess that transistor died got to replace it and check the short

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back