Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

overhead projectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecguy

Q) how to use a lamp to test a cct which has blown a fuse.

I dont really understand this question. can anyone help me.

I don't really understand this thread!! Please explain your question in better detail. First off, by "overhead projector" do you mean the transparency projector type whereby a sheet of clear acetate is used on a glass platten/Fresnel lense? Or are you referring to a data/video projector that uses LDC or DLP technology? I gather that you are trying to substitute a lamp for a blown fuse? If so, typically a 60w incandescent lamp is temporarily wired in place of the fuse.

A fuse blows due to over-current. If you bypass the blown fuse with a light bulb but the over-current problem isn't fixed then it might cause more damage.

I think he means that when the fuse had blown to fit a new fuse of the same amperage and put a lamp in series with the supply.
This is actually a good idea because if the fault is still there the lamp will absorb most of the the surge and the damage to the cct board may remain minimal.
Start with a 60 Watt lamp first.
May have to use a higher wattage depending upon the load from the cct under test.
If it lights up to full brightness there is a dead short in the load behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back