Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Overcharged Protected Li-Ion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the parallel circuit you don't need the isolating convertors, but on my PCB it was easier to leave in as it could be configured by jumpers to work on series cells.
The Li-ion charger chip can within reason any you like. The 4054 happened to be my choice.
The SB140 diodes are low leakage low forward voltage drop ones. Other should work.
I was surprised that cells of the same type from the same batch could have such a wide storage capacity.
For more cells, just add extra stages down the chain.

Attachments

• Balanced charging.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 480
so for series charging, i cannot use a power transistor for isolation, instead of a converter?
A transistor cannot isolate the two completely separate chargers. Each charger limits the current and limits the voltage to the cell it is charging.

TOLD YA SO, TOLD YA SO!
Hee, hee. The fake battery really WAS a battery but it was a cheap tiny Li-Po one. The fake battery had lots of flour inside to make it heavy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back