Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Over voltage projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangash102

hi every body ..i want to operate between 220VAC to 230VAC .and want to step up when voltage goes low from 220 VAC and want to shut down my system when voltages goes high from 240 VAC ...can anybody help me ???

Last edited:
That's only a change of 5% - what's the application? Most devices that are designed for 230v will be fine on 240v.

A

I believe the op means when the voltage goes below 220VAC and above 240VAC.

Stepping voltage up requires a transformer, typically an autotransformer with taps for this type of application. You then need a circuit that detects the voltage and switches a relay to select the proper tap.

Such a transformer can also have taps to step the voltage down, so you can continue to operate when the voltage is too high.

You could also use a CVS transformer.

They are a self regulating type of constant voltage output transformer that can take a wide range of input swings of usually minus 25% to plus 15% and give a constant voltage output with a less than +- 1% variation over that input range.

What is causing the voltage to go up and down? Why not fix that problem?
Is it caused by somebody sleeping instead of working at the electricity supply place?

i am going to design stabilizer to supply fix 220 VAC to 230VAC ..if source voltage is less then 220 VAC then my system should step it up and if voltage goes up from 230 VAC i.e .240 vac or more then my system should get off to protect my device for damage ....i have got the answer for over voltage and it works , i used comparator for it but still want some guide what should i do for step up if voltage comes less than 220 vac

I do test with over/under voltage on 15 amp circuits. I build this inexpensive rig to do this using a ct transformer. E

Attachments

• scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back