Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Over ocean radio transmitter/receiver device

Status
Not open for further replies.
6000km is a long distance for a transmission.

You should be licensed first, then get a hold of some manuals to understand how a radio transmitter and receiver actually works.

then, you may need either specialized equiptment or high voltage, because you may need to output a large amount of power to provide the range.

But all together, I would not even think about proceeding UNTIL you get a LICENSE.

yea as i said back there i will contact anacom to see how they can help me. of course that if doing this is ilegal i will try to find some legal alternative.

i already bought some books that talk about all kinds of radio bands... but maybe i need to get something from a university library.

very likely im able to get some high voltage circuit. i have lots of "beer can" capacitors and a huge transformer. lol.

i think i mentioned before that i was trying to use a lithium rechargable battery. if we are talking about voltage... maybe i can do something like a stun gun and use it to make all that amount of voltage.

anyway it's sunday here. and monday is an holiday in my country so maybe i will be able to call ANACOM this tuesday.

thanks for your time :)

hybridmetta said:
What language do you use to compile winprog? in visual basic there is some ocx called comm control (mscomm32.ocx) used to send and receive data from serial ports. maybe you could make a version of your software in visual basic :roll: it would be really cool :!:

WinPicProg is written using Delphi 6.0, I see no reason to downgrade to VB 8)

The JDM programmer doesn't actually use the serial port, it waggles two of the handshake lines on the serial port. A true serial port programmer requires a processor on the programmer board, that does the actual programming, the serial port simply passes the data over. The PICStart+ works in that way.

Any particular reason for using Delphi instead of C or even Assembler? The language i most use for almost anything is Visual Basic. And notice that i said ALMOST anything. But you could prove your skills using assembler 8) lol, jk :)

Anyway, today i talked with my uncle. He works on some kind of planes company called NAV. He knows a bit about the way the tower communicates with the planes. He said that there is a new system using a frequency of 8.33 mhz to transmitt data in packets. well this frequency is on the hf band so it seems pretty obvious to me that i wont be able to use this frequency. One of the first things he said was to contact ANACOM and get a licence and already aproved equipment. He also said that if i really wanna do this project i should first ask them about the legal/illegal issue and then make sure that the equipment is aproved.

Sounds to me this is going to be hell for me... but hey i wanna try it. i have time and motivation so why not? i will contact ANACOM tuesday morning.

And maybe i will give Winprog a try. I heard good things about that program. Maybe i will buy a new programmer... who knows... :D

Hi everyone. I called ANACOM a few days ago. They weren't really that usefull. they told me i could legaly be alowed to use an equipment without a licence if that equipment had less then 1Watt of output power. Something like a kid's walkie-takies :roll:

they also told me that if i wanted more power i could get an amateur radio licence and in that case i would be alowed to use 750Watt with CE aproved equipment. In any case they said the best thing to do would probaly be send an email or fax and explain the situation. then they would contact me and give me some kind of solution. I think im gonna do that

in any case they said that if i build this equipment i have to take it to a lab and test it or i won't be able to use it. So i guess im gonna work a bit harder and learn a bit more about electronics and then maybe i will be able to do something. Anyway i will keep trying to find circuits that are suitable for this project. and for sure i wont stop until i am able to do it. :D

i wanna thank everyone that had a word on this and i wanna send a special thanks to Nigel Goodwin, that helped a lot showing me the right path.

if anyone has another word or opinion on this project i would gladely like to read it. i will try to post as much info about this project as i can when i am able to develop it a bit more.

Many thanks to everyone :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back