Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

over 3volts for laser on and under 3volts laser off

Status
Not open for further replies.

numpskulls

hi i'm new to this kinda thing but i need a circuit that will be normaly open and then close when the volts from my sound card dac go above 3.0 volts and stay closed till the volts drop below 3.o volts. it needs to do this very rapidly as this is the function for the laser blanking(turns laser off while the scanners are making the jump stitch) so that you dont see a line conecting letters if your image is a word.
some guys pointed me to a chip called 74hc14 wich is a schmitt trigger. it sounds like it would work but i only can figure the power pins so far.....i wouldnt know how to hook in my plus and minus from sound card dac or what to use as out put iether. i did get some results using a relay but it was tooo slow and i would have to adjust it for every image i displayed with the projector.

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanx in advance Ω

So the DAC goes above 3 volts and the circuit turns off the laser. Then the DAC goes below 3 volts and the laser is turned back on???? What voltage level turns the laser off and on? How much current?

i can vary the voltage by using swithing diodes in a chain to get the right voltage i need so really the voltage that the chip turns on and off at would be best around 2.0 volts.the green laser that i have turns on at 1.0 volts and stays on till the volts drops below 1.0 volts. this works great and i have no problems with this laser. it has its own power supply and the sound card dac voltage goes to a positive and a ground to the four wire setup. it is called a ttl laser driver i guess. the blue laser that i need the circuit for is analouge and so i need to turn the laser on at all times and have a circuit that will open and close the circuit to the laser. if i could get the trigger point to be 1.0 vdc that would be cool or even 2.0 vdc all the way up to 3.0 vdc. over the threshhold voltage should be "on" and under should be "off". i have a mechanical relay and its kinda the thing i need but it is way to slo for the job and the laser turns off and on in the wrong places for where it needs to.
i also have a basic stamp2 board of education and i think it would work to switch the laser but i dont know how to wire it to read the signal from the dac.

thanxs for helping, i sure can use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back