Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output Resistance of Common Emitter Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

akc1207

Hey, I have been looking at this for a while now so I was wondering if someone could help me with determining the Output Resistance of this Common Emitter amplifier. I have attached an image of it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Common Emitter.jpg
    Common Emitter.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 453
If this is a practical problem you can simulate the circuit with a SPICE program such as LTSpice to determine the Output Resistance.

If it's a homework problem you can use mesh or loop analysis Mesh analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to determine the resistance.

Since the collector is primarily a current source, the output impedance is very close to the value of the collector load resistor Rc.

Feedback can lower the output impedance but you are not showing any feedback other then Re in the diagram.

"The early Effect" (look in Google) reduces the expected infinite impedance constant current source or sink of a common-emitter transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back