Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

output of ADE7755

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yourself a favour!!

Keep all this info in one thread!!! I should imagine you are using a 8051 and an AD775 to make a power meter for a school project!!!

The standard 8051/2 has no watchdog!!

If you provide all the information and what you intend to do, we will help where we can...

The ade775 outputs a pulse that can be counted... The frequency is proportional to the power used... You could gate the timer1 in the 8051 so it can count the pulses on F1 or F2 ( There are two outputs so you can drive an electro-magnetical dial!!

The datasheet shows how to determine power from the frequency!!

u are sure that 8051 has no internal watchdog timer.
It doesn't even have sleep!!! Even power down modes were discarded some time back!!

You may find variants with these modules, but the standard Intel... No!!

You'll need an external clock!! something like the DS1307 OR!! get an AT89S51 from atmel.... These have several modules missing from the standard 8051... Like the watchdog and power control!!

I think the Philips P89C52 has all the right functions as well!

i need Watchdog timer because in Real time project when power on then it reset the controller
Okay... Lets stop guessing.... Can you explain EXACTLY what you are proposing!!

I am making a project i.e., True RMS Meter. In this I am dealing certain operation with bulb. So I want when power off my setting should be saved and when power on it automatically work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back