Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output of a Bridge Rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

alok1982

What will be the output of a Bridge Rectifier? i.e. o/p Vdc = ? How to calculate the same?
Consider a Bridge Rectifier; KBP206G.
Whose, Maximum Recurrent Peak Reverse Voltage = 800V
, Maximum Average Forward Rectified Current = 2A
and Maximum Instantaneous Forward Voltage (Vf) = 1.2V

hi,

The Vpeak output to a smoothing capacitor will be transformer secondary (RMS voltage *1.414)- 2 * V diode drops

example: say 10Vrms * 1.4 14, so 14.14 - 2*1.2V = 11.74Vdc approx

hi,

The Vpeak output to a smoothing capacitor will be transformer secondary (RMS voltage *1.414)- 2 * V diode drops

example: say 10Vrms * 1.4 14, so 14.14 - 2*1.2V = 11.74Vdc approx

Which will droop under load. How much depends mainly on the transformer and smoothing capacitor value chosen.

Put a DC reg on the output , do a few sums to ensure the droop on the input doesn't put the reg input below it's minimum voltage to maintain regulation under full load current.

Which will droop under load. How much depends mainly on the transformer and smoothing capacitor value chosen.

Put a DC reg on the output , do a few sums to ensure the droop on the input doesn't put the reg input below it's minimum voltage to maintain regulation under full load current.

My post CLEARLY says The Vpeak output to a smoothing capacitor

My post CLEARLY says The Vpeak output to a smoothing capacitor

I wasn't contradicting you, I was merely adding additonal info to someone who may want to design a PSU. What is your problem over that? You obviously have one! Nothing I posted was incorrect or demeaning your post. What you posted was fine, so why the attitude?

I wasn't contradicting you, I was merely adding additonal info to someone who may want to design a PSU. What is your problem over that? You obviously have one! Nothing I posted was incorrect or demeaning your post. What you posted was fine, so why the attitude?

hi WTP,

If you have information you feel that is useful/helpful to the OP, I agree its a good idea to post it.

I dont have a problem, the point I found a little annoying was the fact you used my post as a quote in your post, which suggested I was somehow in error.?

The way I try to help OP's when their questions are vague, is just to answer their basic question.
If they come back with more information about their project and ask more questions, I expand the help.

E

E

I wasn't contradicting you,

I wouldn't purposely contradict anyone offering help unless it was wrong which your post wasn't. Nor was I implying what you posted was in error. That's the problem with newgroups/BBBs, but it all we have at the mo.

I was trying to add some info to your post and certainly not wrong it. Sorry if it came across as that. It certainly wasn't intended to disrepute anything you had posted.

Hopefully our combined posts won't electrocute the OP :)

W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back