Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output a couple of simple music notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure_Ignorance

Apologies in advance for my lack of musical and electronic knowledge on this one, If I knew more about what I was looking for I'm sure a simple search at google would turn up a solution.

I'm looking for details of producing simple range of notes from a 555 chip or something. is there a table somewhere that has the resistor configuration i need from the output pins? (i.e so that one pin fires an 'a' , the next fires an 'e' etc.)

I know I've seen the diagram somewhere before but I was hoping someone here could understand me better than google does.

By the way, this place is great!

Welcome Ignorance :D I think that you're right, this place is great!

Check out this link. The schematic doesn't involve a 555, but this may be the simplest form of an organ that I have seen.
https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/torgan.htm

Also, from the same website, look at this schematic. This version is a bit more complex, and costly.
https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/music.htm

Also, if you have a radio shack, they sell a little tune box which will play tunes. I think this is somewhere around $15 or so.

Thanks

The first one is the digram I remember seeing, well close to it anyway. Guess I better get on with it then, sorry I took so long to reply, thias has gone onto the backburner for the past few weeks.
Thanks again! ciao!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back