Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output 6v 50ma current from 6v 500ma current

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hello friends i have 6v dc and 500ma current charger.

I want to convert this to 6v dc and 50ma current..

Help required..

The current rating of the supply is just its maximum rating. A load will normally only take the current it requires. What are you trying to do?

Last edited:
Yes you can! I would do it like this since you want to use a resistor (my knowledge is limited):

6vdc / .050ma = 120ohm.

So you would need 120 ohm resistor attached/soldered to the positive lead and you're good to go! Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Simply charging a lithium battery at a constant current indefinitely is not generally safe. You need to monitor battery voltage very carefully to know when to terminate the charge. Do some research on how to charge lithium batteries safely.

Use an LTC4054LES4.2 from Linear Tech. All in one SOT package with current set by a single resistor.
Using just a resistor and you could damage the cell or cause a fire. Li-ion cells are very safe when treated well and very nasty when abused.
Maxim do the same flavour of device.
Designing your own device takes a little knowledge using constant current and constant voltage devices.

simply charging a lithium battery at a constant current indefinitely is not generally safe. You need to monitor battery voltage very carefully to know when to terminate the charge. Do some research on how to charge lithium batteries safely.
hello alec...
So can you provide me the circuit diagram of batter monitor...
So that it can disconnect the charger... If the batter is fulll..

I'm sure there are plenty of circuits published already on the web. Try googling for lithium charger schematics.

I'm sure there are plenty of circuits published already on the web. Try googling for lithium charger schematics.

I DONT WANT Lithium charger schematics...
I WANT ONLY LITHIUM BATTER MONITOR CIRCUIT...
I AM OMP 741 IC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back