Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

outlet switch hookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

brender

in school i am starting to do general electric hookups and one of the one i have to do is hookup an outlet were the bottum is always hot and the top one can be turned on and off with a switch,and i wanted to know if the idea i have to do it is right."i go from the breaker box with the 2 conductor wire and connect it to the bottum of the outlet then from the bottum of the outlet i go to the switch and then to the top of the outlet"would that work for what i am doing?

You would need to remove the jumper on the outlet between the upper and lower screw terminals, but that is a way to switch the top of an outlet.

Just dont remove the common side jumper! Only the line side needs to be separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back