Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

outdoor electrical contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Othello

In one of my projects a need to install small circuit boards in a facade open to the weather.
The boards contain a switch and an LED and are screwed to two busses for the positive and negative supply voltage.
I need to keep these contacts in good order with a low contact resistance for a very long time.
And I am looking for people who have expertise to make such connections happen, in order to pick their brain, if possible...

Cheap Chinese solar garden lights are exposed to the weather. Usually they rust away within one year.
I replace their cheap Ni-Cad cell with a modern Energizer (made in Japan) Ni-MH cell and replace the ordinary screws with stainless steel screws. If there is a cheap Chinese switch then I remove it and hard-wire its function. Then the solar garden light lasts until its LDR needs to be replaced because it gets sun-burned.

Cheap Chinese solar garden lights are exposed to the weather. Usually they rust away within one year.
I replace their cheap Ni-Cad cell with a modern Energizer (made in Japan) Ni-MH cell and replace the ordinary screws with stainless steel screws. If there is a cheap Chinese switch then I remove it and hard-wire its function. Then the solar garden light lasts until its LDR needs to be replaced because it gets sun-burned.

Well, in my case I use stainless steel members to which my circuit boards are attached with their SS stand-offs. I am looking to have the small circuit board potted and use something like DeoxIt to protect the two crucial contacts, where the stand-offs are screwed to the SS carrying members. I try to think of everything,
but Murphy is well and alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back