Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oshonsoft won't save program correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,

I've just had a problem with programming PICs using Oshonsoft and PicKit programmer.

When I change a program in Oshonsoft, then try to save it as a new name, Oshonsoft only saves it as an older program, even when that program has been removed from the choices.

Has anyone had similar problems?

NOTE: Before this problem, I coincidently opened a program file in different text editors, for printing and changed some of the formatting e,g, TABS etc. I wonder if this confused Oshonsoft?

Camerart.

When I change a program in Oshonsoft, then try to save it as a new name, Oshonsoft only saves it as an older program, even when that program has been removed from the choices.
If you are using the examples from the install directory, them you will have to save them into your documents folder as Windows won't allow you access ( even though its your computer )... If I were you I would copy all the examples to a folder in "My Documents" then you will have full access..

hi C,
If you 'move' or edit the file 'externally' the target file that O/S used last time it will either come up with a clean editor window or use a previous one of the same name.
E

If you are using the examples from the install directory, them you will have to save them into your documents folder as Windows won't allow you access ( even though its your computer )... If I were you I would copy all the examples to a folder in "My Documents" then you will have full access..

Hi Ian,

The programs, I'm talking about have been developed over time, and in their own folders. All this problem is within Oshonsoft. I have full access, but the problem is 'save as' Oshonsoft always saves it as a particular file from 10 days ago, even though I've been changing programs since then.

Camerart.

hi C,
If you 'move' or edit the file 'externally' the target file that O/S used last time it will either come up with a clean editor window or use a previous one of the same name.
E

Hi Eric,

Remember this has only happened since I messed about with the .bas file externally in a text editor.

The problem is after editing the file inside Oshonsoft.

What I have to do is save any changes as the 10 day old offending file, which will have changed, then change it's name in a txt file editor, then open it again in Oshonsoft, and 'save', but 'save as' doesn't work

Camerart.

Hi,

I've figured it out.

I looked at all of the problem files and they all had a date e,g, ' program 18F2431 motor control 18.03.15 LVP.bas' with dots in the date where I should have put ' program 18F2431 motor control 180315 LVP.bas' NO DOTs.

Thanks Ian and Eric.

Camerart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back