Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oshonsoft PIC Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapan

Hi

I have downloaded the trial version of PIC Simulator from Oshonsoft directly. But after installation the simulator does not open. It shows the message "Unexpected error, quitting". Please note that Operating software of my desktop is Windows7. The same simulator runs on another desktop having Windows XP operating software. My question is that if the software is not compatible with Windows7.

regards

swapan

Hi

I have downloaded the trial version of PIC Simulator from Oshonsoft directly. But after installation the simulator does not open. It shows the message "Unexpected error, quitting". Please note that Operating software of my desktop is Windows7. The same simulator runs on another desktop having Windows XP operating software. My question is that if the software is not compatible with Windows7.

regards

swapan

hi,
I do not use Win7, but I understand its required to install and run Oshonsoft as the Administrator on the first run.

E.

Look here: https://www.oshonsoft.com/downloadspage.php

extract;
!!! Important note for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users !!!: After you have installed an application and want to start it for the first time, you need to right-click on the application shortcut in Windows Start menu and choose 'Run as administrator' command, otherwise the error message 'Unexpected error; quitting' will be displayed. This step should be performed only once. Every other time the application can be started by a standard double-click on its shortcut with left mouse button.

The application store project files in Program Files folder by default. Examples are installed there, also. Modifying files stored in Program Files folder require admin rights. Without them, the error message 'Run-time error '75': Path/File access error' will be displayed.

To permanently set the application to run with administrator privileges, you have to modify the shortcut properties. Right-click on the application shortcut, select Properties, click the Advanced button, and finally check the 'Run as administrator' box.

If you store your project files in a user private folder (My Documents, for example), the application will run correctly without administrator rights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back