Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oshonsoft IDE Upgrade Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
hi,
I am using XP Pro with Oshonsoft.

I have noticed that for the past 3 simulator upgrades that the Scope Tool when selected creates a Run time error 380.
If accepted the program closes down.

This is happening on two different PC's using 16F and 18F IDE's, it does not happen when using the 10F version of the IDE.

Also the micro-controller window is not auto restarted when the IDE is started up, for 10, 16 or 18 IDE's

Anyone else see this or other problems on these upgrades

E
BTW: A bug report has been sent to Vladimir

Attachments

• AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
I have 16F version 6.96 in Xp and have the same problem.

hi,
I have received an automated reply from Vlad saying he will get back to me, at the moment he is busy.

IF and when I get a useful fix it reply, I will post it here.

As well as the reply to the bug query I had another auto reply saying that I needed to delete the IDE's on my PC, then download from his site the latest versions.

And I should re-install all the IDE's and run the Registry File as a registered user.???? go figure.:banghead:

Eric

All with windows XP pro

Pic IDE v6.96 - has error
18F IDE v2.84 (I haven't upgraded that one yet) - no error

Paul

hi Paul,
Dont upgrade at this time.
If you do, then decide to re-install a version which predates the last 3 upgrades, you will get an 'insufficient memory error'!!

Eric
BTW: I would switch to a 16F877A for your VCO project.

Hi. Eric. I'll hold back on the upgrades. Funny actually I thought last night I should probably upgrade and then I read your post. Just in time delivery service :)

I'm thinking 16f877A now too. I want to have this project 'expandable' so the 16f876 just isn't cutting it. No idea why the A/D outputs behave the way they do even after ADCON1 = 0x07.
I think I have all the bits and pieces of code now just a case of sticking it all together. I will need a shift right function though. I was about to ask a question about that in the other thread. I'll keep it there as it makes reading history easier.

Cheers - Paul

hi,
This is the reply I received from Vladimir, its fixed the Error380 problem.

In the Links below, enter your email address that Oshonsoft has on record.

E

COPY:
Hi Eric,

To get rid of the 380 error you need to perform the following:

- Using regedit.exe application delete the key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PIC Simulator IDE]
(regedit.exe can be found in C:\WINDOWS\ folder, or you can
run it with the Run Start menu command by typing regedit.)

Now, please install your license again using the instructions
from the official license e-mail.

For your convenience, I have just sent to you the official e-mail
with your licenses, so you can keep fresh copies on file.

Stay well and best regards,
Vladimir
https://www.oshonsoft.com/

p.s.
Direct link to OshonSoft.com Registered Users Page:
https://www.oshonsoft.com/reguser.php?xemailx=youremail.address

Direct link to SPECIAL OFFERS page for registered users:
https://www.oshonsoft.com/reguser1.php?xemail=youremail.address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips