Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope troubleshooting here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefreak82

I just received the scope I bought off ebay yesterday and it has a few minor glitches. The channel 1 vertical position knob and connecting shaft where both broke but I did get a trace out of it. I opened it up to attempt a temporary fix (glue) so I would be able to test it a bit further, however now channel 1 will not adjust within range. If I use the beam finder it appears that the trace falls below the crt level and I cant get it to adjust. I'm going to throw a meter to a few points in there but I wish I knew a little better place to start. I cant imagine simply pulling the cabinet backwards and applying some glue to the connecting rod would have damaged anything. Its a tektronix 466 storage oscilloscope for reference. Any advice would be very helpful, and thanks

PS: if anyone out there has a sevice manual in digital format I would love to hear from you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back