Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamo

Hey all,

I have an old Japanese oscilloscope, that probably nobody has heard of. It is a Hi-Tech Model O-602. However, I know the cause of its malfunction, that may be could help in the diagnosis. I was in a group testing an electric fence, which probably you know should have voltages in the range of 6000-15,000 volts. A voltage divider was used initially to pick up a signal, even using the highest sensitivity. Since none was found, it was decided to take the signal without the voltage divider. A voltage signal with an amplitude of 4 volts was found. Suddenly and because probably someone moved any of the wires, a high voltage came in. The trace on channel 1, that was on use, vanished, although the CRT display looked normal. Later on, the trace on channel 2 was tested under controlled conditions. It came out for about 10 seconds and then it also disappeared. there is no doubt that something was burned out. If anyone has any idea what could be the most probable element, I do appreciate your advise.

i have a scope to repair myself, i cant offer much help but first i would try and get a service manual, in your case i would start looking for burnt out components starting at the inputs and working back along to the main processore board.

hello

can you send the diagram of the oscilloscope. If you dont have the diagram than send me the picture of the board.

My field is TM&DE. After all I will try to help you.

Nayyar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back