Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope CRT model replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

aledaniel

Hello there, first i have to apologize for my english (i'm from Argentina)

I have a COS5100 oscilloscope wich have almost surelly a bad CRT, the behavior is like this> the trace is not a flat line and it curves different as you move it up and down on the screen (same deformation on the same place of the crt).
More strange even, when you rotate the oscilloscope (and after several checks i got the same result by rotating only the crt) the trace shorts its lenght (deformation pattern the same). When i removed the crt i hear a little noise inside it when i move or shake it (wich i guess shouldnt happens).

Well, given the former explanation i asume the problem is the crt.
Now my request for help> I couldnt find the specs for the crt (150CRB31 model)
but i have a COS6100 crt available (150BEB31 model) so ..., can i use this as a replacement (i find out than pinout is not directly compatible and as i couldnt find pinout for any of both i dont know if i can try something rewireing).
I dont want to buy another oscilloscope, i have a tek 2445, so this is more like a challenge and not for save money.

Thanks a lot for any ideas, knowledge or participation.

Regards, Alejandro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back