Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilliscope Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hiya Guys,
I've nearly finished setting up my shed for my electronics and I was wondering if I power my Gould 1421 scope with a modiefied-sinewave inverter would it damage the scope, as I don't want to run a genset just to power the scope.

Cheers Bryan :D

I am not sure if it would do any damage, but I wouldn't do it. It dependes on the amount of harmonics in the output of the inverter. It is going to cause some unwanted strain on the power supply and transformer. You may also find that it causes noise on the instrument.

I would think that the scope probably draws a fairly low power, mine is only 40 Watts. Maybe a small pure sine inverter would be a worthwhile inverstment.

Thanks for the relies,
I finally found the photocopied manual for the scope and I think your right Nigel, the supply can be 100V,120V,220V and 240V,
45 to 400 Hz, 40 Va. I wasn't sure but if in doubt it always pays to ask.

Cheers Bryan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back