Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillator Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at 32kHz oscillators, which come in a variety of packages of different sizes and materials. Does the package make any difference with respect to the reliability or impact resistance of the crystal?

Thanks!

Generally speaking yes. The package can influence things like the parts ability to work under various shock and vibration as well as the stability over given temperature ranges. Again, that is generally speaking. You choose your component based on your design requirements.

Ron

Is there a guide online somewhere that indicates which package is best under different circumstances (temperature, impact, etc.)? Or rules of thumb to use when choosing?

I need a fairly impact resistant oscillator, don't care as much about the temperature affecting the frequency.

Is there a guide online somewhere that indicates which package is best under different circumstances (temperature, impact, etc.)? Or rules of thumb to use when choosing?

I need a fairly impact resistant oscillator, don't care as much about the temperature affecting the frequency.

None that I am familiar with. I generally look at my application and then scour data sheets to find a suitable candidate for my application. However, possibly someone else in here has some thoughts.

Ron

What level of shock impact do you need? I would expect most such oscillators are relatively immune to normal shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back