Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Osc design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Hey, just a quick question about how a 4 pad osc hooks up to OSC1 and OSC2?
I've used a 2 pin osc before and its self explanatory but I'm a little lost here. Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 120
First you start by reading the datasheet of the oscillator and the processor. Then you will find out what supply the oscillator needs and what level the EN pin should be to enable it. Also you will find which of the two osc pins of the processor is the clock input and what voltage level it wants on that input.
See? Not so easy to say off the bat without the little details. Anyway the oscillator produces a square wave on the out pin, and only this one pin you should connect to the processor.

Also you will find which of the two osc pins of the processor is the clock
I guess this was my question. Do I connect the other to GND? EN is tied to 3v3. Just wanna make sure before I etch as this is my first pic32 build so I'm a little dubious

No you don´t connect the other anywhere, one of them is an input an the other is an output. If you mix them up, it will not work and will probably damage both the processor and the oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back