Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Organizing blog entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hello,

How difficult would it be to develop a system to better organize blog entries? Personally I would like to see them organized by the date they were created, but at the moment I don't really see a pattern:

upload_2014-11-26_9-42-21.png

Is this something we could look into? Thanks!
Regards,
Matt

Seems rather random to me.

I agree, and it's a bit annoying at times to sift through and figure out what my last blog entry was. Especially if they're supposed to be sequential, I don't want to repeat a part # (already did that once or twice :p )

My stupid question: who actually knows how they are put in sequence? Administrator or software designer?

I should know more of all this... :arghh: :(

I think I have the mystery solved.

The sort is not by title, but by last comment date. The latest commented entry is the first one. Just like the forum is arranged. Not alphabetical. Generally, you want the latest entry first. last in, First out so to speak.

If you want to re-arrange them. Comment on them in the right way. Then you have the the ability to lock the thread. They should not move.

using "Tesla 01 - <title>" for Tesla Coil might make it easier to scan the entries on a certain subject

By definition, a blog is in reverse chronological order. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

Last edited:
Yes, they are organized by the last comment date, which is probably one of the worst ways to organize it. I think they should be organized by the creation date. Even if you comment on it right away, it will only be in the right order temporarily. As soon as another entry receives a comment, it will be out of order again.

I am wondering if any of the admins could change this.

Just sort them using a descending date. Then one can complain if Matt produces part 11 before part 10. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back