Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi,
I am very new to OrCAD and currently learning it. I'm using OrCAD 10.3.
I am able to draw the schematic in Capture CIS and simulate it in PSPICE. I found some problem when I switch to the layout. The PCB footprint in the property editor in my attachment are left default. I have no idea what should be entered in the spread sheet if I'm using different package of IC or different size of the components. Is there any reference on this issue?

Besides, I opened Gerber tool from OrCAD layout and used auto rout. I found that the track is touching the pad and the DRC showed clean :eek: I wanted to edit the layout from the Gerber tool but I coundn't, I was able to move the track only. It is not as easy as eagle layout.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Attachments

• foot.GIF
    foot.GIF
    46.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Gerb lay 1.GIF
    Gerb lay 1.GIF
    8.8 KB · Views: 158
GO into layout and run the library editor from the file menu. From there search for the footprint you want (if it exists, otherwise you have to make your own), and type the same footprint name into the spreadsheet for that component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back