Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OR gate equivilant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

If i have two input signals will this make equivalent to OR gate output?

Attachments

• snap1.png
    snap1.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 176
Yes. What logic family are you using...TTL?...CMOS?...? I would put a pull-down resistor on the D-input to your third F-F.

Ken

Last edited:
OR

In the old days we called this DTL.

Attachments

• OR.PNG
    OR.PNG
    48.9 KB · Views: 166
Inverted output! Isn't that a DTL NOR gate? Reverse the diodes, delete R2, make R1 a pull-up, and you have a DTL NAND gate.

As DRL (Diode-Resistor-Logic), without the transistor, it would be an OR gate. Reverse the diodes, with a pullup resistor on the output, and you have a DRL AND gate.

Ken

Last edited:
If i have two input signals will this make equivalent to OR gate output?
With a pull-down resistor it acts as an OR gate. But it will be slower than a standard OR gate so you don't want to use it if you are concerned about speed.

I dont know, I'm just talking in general, whats the difference between the two anyway> ? i hope they can get along with each other, i think im using a little of both in my circuit

TTL and CMOS have different input and output requirements. Can you post a schematic of what you're building?

Ken

not really in to anything, just cause i'v gotten to know transistors and TTL now a bit, so i guess my next educational step are cmos chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back