Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

optonica repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin r

optonica reciever sa 5206 with bad volume control. Origional pot was four terminal dual gang with loudness switch. Wish to replace with three term. two gang audio taper. Schematic appears to incorporate a 33k resistor and 270 p capacitor in series (loundness on?) and a 10k resis and .068 cap in series parallel arrangement (loundess off?). They may have used a linear pot and therefore have resistance circuit with loud off. I have read of wiring in resistance to produce a better log response from a pot. The capacitor confuses me. Do I need to incorporate this in the replacement to maintain quality sound? It is possible to isolate all six leads (inputs, outputs, and ground) as this pc board is seperate from the others. Wire new pot directly? Or make another small board with resistor/capacitor circuit. I am not at all attached to the loudness feature. Thanks for any advice.Potentiometer is 100k. Also it appears if the two missing leads are not attached then neither resis/ cap circuit would be active.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back