Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optoisolated gate drive Class D Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Experimentonomen!

So, can you heat your lab with that puppy??

You're a kindred spirit of mine, what with your build techniques and general bench mayhem...:cool::cool:

And I must know the source of your music (especially for the woofer cookin')...

I have heard plenty of good sub-woofers but I have never heard one without an enclosure before. Yours sounds awful.

It is interesting that you are using opto-couplers instead of a gate driver IC and they work. Please post more details about your circuit.
What is the PWM frequency? What is the RMS output power? Do the Mosfets get hot?

I've already built a class d using a IR2010/2110 gate driver so i wanned to try something new.

The mosfets run stone cold, no heating, maybe ever so slightly on full power.

Last edited:
I hope that you can test and post its distortion when you are finished.

TI.com has some good information on class D audio (PWM audio).
I am glad to see you working on it. My first try was too many years ago. Then again I played with it on vertical amplifiers in BIG tv sets.
Coilcraft.com has some filter coils for the output stage.

Attachments

• slou066a.pdf
    446.5 KB · Views: 643
It looks good.
I have never tried "Manhattan" wiring like that yet.

Don't give up. There are a lot of people on this board that can help. Let us know what the issues are, and we'll see what we can do for you.

A pity to delete it all, it is often good to know what does not work.

JimB

About scrap the project: Some time same happens to me. Some projects irritate me LOT and LOT so I scrap them and kick them like a base ball! Interesting thing is I bring them back by searching hardly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back