Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

optocouplers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald15

good evening, im trying to build a circuit using optocoupler that will give an output of 24Vdc with 5Vdc on its input. and im going to supply it with 24Vdc. i need 24Vdc out to connect it to plc. help me please :(

Hi,

How much current do you need on the output?

good evening, im trying to build a circuit using optocoupler that will give an output of 24Vdc with 5Vdc on its input. and im going to supply it with 24Vdc. i need 24Vdc out to connect it to plc. help me please :(
I don't understand.
24VDC in 5VDC out Understand this is a boost power supply.
"using optocoupler" what are you going to do with the optocoupler?

Are you building a 4-20mA current loop?
"with 5Vdc on its input" what 5V?

Hi Ron,

It sounds to me that he just wants to drive the opto with 5v, and control 24v on the output, so it's not a boost it's just a control/level shifter with isolation.

Can the PLC provide a 24V output to power this circuit?

24v ?
5v ?
4-20mA ?
None of this makes much sense.

If Gerald15 would tell us what he wants to do, not just part of his (probably) incorrect solution to his problem, we may be able to help.

JimB

Hi,

It sounds like he wants to use an opto with a 5v input control signal, and the output will switch 24vdc that will have to supply a load current of 4 to 20ma. So he needs a circuit that can do that, which might require one transistor on the output of the opto to handle the load properly.

Gerald15, by answering the questions you have been asked it would help us to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back